Monday, September 12, 2005
One sleeve down
I finally settled on a pattern for my sleeve. I had to rip the first one because it was too tight so I cast on this second time with about 6 more stitches and I did more increases, much better. This was the best I could do on the picture, man is it hard to take pictures of black yarn. If you leave the flash on the black reflects all the light and your picture is washed out, if you turn the flash off you get a fuzzy pic, ah well...
The BF was mortified that I would knit a whole sleeve, pull it out and knit it again, LOL! I've finished one and I'm a about 1/3 of the way through the second sleeve. After this I plan to do the fronts. I'm debating whether or not to try adding a pocket since I'm not really sure how much yarn my pattern is going to take and I only have 9 balls of the cotton ease. This is fun so far though, I don't mind re-knitting so much because it is my own pattern, plus it's going to fast with the thick yarn. I've been knitting on size 3 and 4 needles for a while so the 7's that I'm using for this seem huge (my knitting is pretty loose). I re-knit the first sleeve in about two days, not bad!