Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Cabled Vest

While Willow waits paitently for me to re-knit the bit of neck shaping I messed up I took a detour and knit up this:

It is the Hurricane vest from Rowan Plaid Collection. I used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky that I got on sale at the LYS. I had been dying to use this yarn so as soon as I got some I scrounged around for a pattern to use it on. Lucky hubby will be the recipient of this nice soft vest. :) It was SUPER speedy to knit (only 2 1/2 days!) and the yarn was really nice to work with.

I liked the reverse stockinette and how it makes the cable stand out a bit. It also gives some dimension to the yarn which otherwise might actually be too soft looking. Hopefully, I will get a chance to put this baby together soon!
For my next cable project I want to try something a little bit more difficult....time to look at patterns again. :)

No comments: